Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

My favourite albums: Merry Mary

This list of favourite albums is by my dear friend Merry Mary, who lives in Brighton like all clean-living people do. Merry is the founder of the Pubes For Animals Campaign, a very worthy cause which you should all consider donating to if you can find it in your hearts or your plugholes. Merry also serves as Chief Winky Inspector.

Merry's list includes a greatest hits album which is strictly prohibited by the rules, but I'm going to allow it. This is because of pure and simple favouritism. I'm afraid you may well have to get used to such acts of capriciousness and personal bias.

It is also the first list to include some little reasons for the selections, which is another bonus. I commend it to the house.

1. Primal Scream, Screamadelica. (Most awesome album eva.)
2. Paul Simon, Graceland (full of memories this one, watch the concert in South Africa)
3. REM, Out of Time. (Saved me from NKOTB. Had to limit myself to one REM album)
4. Joni Mitchell, Blue (Not for every day, but always beautiful)
5. Tricky, Maxinquaye
6. David Bowie, Hunky Dory
7. Michelle Shocked, The Texas Campfire Tapes (which I just found out she never liked, but then listened to the original recordings and released the whole thing, I'm going to have to buy the new version)
8. Ry Cooder, Chavez Ravine (blame Chuck Berry for this)
9. George Michael, Ladies & Gentlemen, The Best of George Michael (yeah, yeah, I know, but it means more to me than his actual albums)
10. Belly, King

Thanks to Merry. If you want to see your list up here, all you got to do is call.

No comments:

Attention

You have reached the bottom of the internet